How To Fix Undercooked Rice?
You must learn how to fix undercooked rice to make a perfect batch of rice every time! When rice is not cooked correctly it becomes mushy or sticky. Cooking any type of rice can be tricky if you’re a beginner. In today’s post, I will teach you how to fix undercooked rice. A properly cooked rice is fluffy, soft, and cooked thoroughly. Do not worry, if you’re stuck with your undercooked rice! You can still enjoy nicely cooked rice if you follow the steps I’ve given below. Without wasting too much time, let us now check out how to fix undercooked rice.
How To Fix Undercooked Rice?
In this section, I will discuss how to fix undercooked rice in detail. You need to figure out the proper ratio of water to cook the rice properly. But not everyone knows how to perfectly cook any type of rice.
You can follow these steps to learn how to fix undercooked rice in an instant pot.
- When your rice looks dried, add ½ cup of water.
- Then, stir the rice with a fork to separate the grains.
- Now, place the pot on a simmer with the lid on.
- Allow it to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Recheck the rice if it is soft.
- Remove the pot from the stove.
- Now, let it sit for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Lastly, fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
While cooking, don’t raise the temperature to rush the rice. If you feel your rice is still hard, repeat the process as necessary. You can use the same procedure when it comes to how to fix undercooked rice in a rice cooker.
Fix Undercooked Rice In Oven
If you have an oven, you can try to fix your undercooked rice in the oven. The best part of this method is that you don’t have to worry about the rice burning. Follow these steps to learn how to fix undercooked rice in the oven.
- Before you start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, place your rice in a glass baking dish.
- Allow the rice to cook for about 10 minutes.
- You can continue cooking for five more minutes if your rice is still wet.
If there is no more water but the rice still feels chewy, add some water and put it back in the oven. Make sure you cover the baking dish with its lid or foil to get dry, fluffy rice.
Fix Undercooked Rice In the Microwave
You can get perfect fluffy rice every time if you know how to fix undercooked rice in the microwave. You can follow these steps to fix your undercooked rice.
- First, check if your rice is dry and needs more water.
- Do not add water directly to the rice bowl.
- Instead, wet two clean sheets of paper towel.
- Lightly squeeze excess water without tearing them.
- Now, straighten the paper towels and place them on top of the rice bowl.
- Put the first sheet and then the second one.
- Next, place the bowl of rice in the microwave.
- Let it cook for about two minutes.
- After two minutes, remove the bowl and lift the paper towels.
- Finally, check if the rice is cooked and then serve.
In this method, the steam from the wet paper towels will cook the undercooked rice leaving it soft and fluffy. You can dampen the paper towels again and repeat the steps if your rice is still not tender and soft.
Fix Undercooked Rice On The Stove
You can fix rice that has been undercooked on the stove if you don’t have an oven or microwave. There are a couple of ways to fix your undercooked rice on a stove. Follow these steps to learn how to fix undercooked rice on the stove.
- Add a little more water to your undercooked rice.
- Now, allow it to keep cooking as it was before.
- Make sure you keep the heat low to avoid burn on the bottom.
- Let it cook for about two minutes.
- After two minutes, check if the rice is cooked and then serve.
You can even steam the rice lightly to avoid burning the rice at the bottom. Simply add a little water to the bottom of the pan and put a lid on the pan. Turn the heat up to low/medium so that the rice doesn’t burn. After a while, steam will build up in the pan cooking the rice throughout.
Fix Undercooked Rice In A Casserole
It can be problematic if you end up with uncooked rice inside a meal like a casserole. Follow these steps to learn how to fix undercooked rice in a casserole.
- Add more stock that will suit the kind of casserole you’ve made.
- Now, put the casserole back in to cook for another hour.
- Make sure you close it with a tight lid.
- After an hour, check if the rice is cooked and then serve.
Before you add liquid to your casserole, check how much liquid the rice requires to cook. Make sure you don’t use water for this fixing undercooked rice in a casserole. Adding water to your rice will make your casserole taste thin.
If your rice is mostly cooked in the casserole, add a small amount of stock and cook for another 10-20 minutes.
Fix Undercooked Fired Rice
Do you know how to fix undercooked fried rice? Simply add ¼ cup of boiling water to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes with the lid on. Make sure you keep the flame low while cooking. Finally, remove the pot and let it sit for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
Can I Recook Undercooked Rice?
If at the end of the cooking time your rice is dry and undercooked but all the water is gone, you’re gonna need more water. Add 1/4 cup boiling water to the pot, keep the flame low, and cook for another 5 minutes with the lid on. Then remove the pot from the stove and let it sit for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
How Do You Fix Undercooked Rice After Cooking?
If you find that the rice is still undercooked after that, then here’s what to do:
- Pour half a cup of boiling water over the rice.
- Stir the rice with a fork to separate the grains, place the lid back on.
- Set the rice to cook, and continue cooking it for another 2 to 3 minutes. …
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
What Happens If Rice Is Undercooked?
This bacterium is often found in rice and rice-based products. Improperly handled or undercooked rice is a frequent cause of food poisoning. What happens if you eat raw or undercooked rice that’s contaminated? In short, you will get food poisoning
Can You Fix Crunchy Rice?
Fixing undercooked crispy or crunchy rice is easy by placing the rice in a pot. Add just enough water to cover the rice and bring the pot to a simmer. Check that the rice is absorbing water every couple of minutes. Remove from heat when soft. to avoid overcooked rice.
How Do You Fix Undercooked Rice In A Slow Cooker?
If your rice is still crunchy after trying the tips above, add a smidge more liquid (the quantity will depend on how crunchy your rice is). This will give your rice the extra moisture it needs to plump up and be tender.
By reading the above post, you got to learn how to fix rice that is undercooked. When you cook the rice at a high temperature, the water gets evaporated before the rice is cooked. Your rice can remain undercooked even if you took the lid off the pot too early letting the steam escape. Whatever the reason is, you can add up to ½ cup of water and simmer the rice with the lid on. Luckily, it is very easy to fix your rice in an oven, microwave, or on the stove. Once you understand how to fix undercooked rice, you can easily get nice fluffy rice.